How to (begin to) fix a really crappy
weekend week month:
1. Apologize a lot. When you’re done apologizing, apologize some more. However, apologize only when you mean it. Too many “I’m sorry”s doesn’t get you anywhere. A cup of hot tea might get help.
2. Thank your spouse for their patience, for their support, and for their willingness to start over and pretend it’s the morning again, as long as you have said cup of tea.
3. Make a plan. Figure out what needs to be fixed, or what might need to be fixed, and get started on getting to step one of that plan. Maybe start by beginning step 1 of 100 in simply getting to the Real Step 1. You have to start somewhere.
4. Get out of the house. Changing the scenery can make you appreciate what you have, and you’re nicer when you’re out in public anyway.
5. See friends. Especially if friends have a baby. Few things make you as mushy as seeing your spouse snorgle a baby.
6. Go to the woods. You should probably take the dog. Feel better among the trees, and feel like a better dog owner when your dog comes home and passes out.
7. Put birdseed in the birdfeeder. Marvel at the birds and take comfort in the chickadees. Yes, the chickadees are coming. Hope is around the corner.